5 Ways to Increase Revenue With Your Internet Business


5 Ways to Increase Revenue With Your Internet Business

There are countless internet business owners that start their own internet business and they give up after a few months. They are giving up because they do not see instant revenue from their internet business, but why? We are fully aware and accept the fact that it takes years to obtain a healthy ROI also known as Return On Investment from a conventional business. Why would we not expect the same or at least mentally prepare ourselves that it could take a year or two to see a ROI with an internet business.

 

The vast majority of people will agree that it can be much faster to make money online, myself included. This is primarily due to lower start up cost and nearly no overhead. Just like a traditional brick and mortar business, it does take time to establish yourself and your business. I wanted to write this article to help you jumpstart and increase revenue for your internet business.

First and Foremost, Never Quit

I know you have heard this a thousand times by many people in the industry, but it is true! What do you ever gain by quitting and giving up on your dreams? Having an internet business is much like anything else I life, if you quit you don't finish, and then you wonder for years to come "what might have been". You never know when your business is getting ready to explode. Can you tell the future? Neither can I, but I know that if I quit my internet business it is over with and I just fired myself. I remember when I used to work for a major retailer, when I first started I worked on commission selling tools. One of the first promises I made to myself is I never asked to go home early. I had two important reasons.

1. Service- I knew I gave the best customer service out of everyone on my team and I had knowledge that no one else did. If I left early, what type of service would my customers get?

2. Sales- I never went to school and learned the fine art of seeing the future. I knew that I would never know who was going to walk through the door next and want thousands of dollars worth of tools to re-do his garage. Just like your internet business you never know who will be hitting your website next wanting your product or service.

This is the same approach I take with my internet business. I want to make sure that I give the best quality service to my clients possible and I never know when that next "big sale" is coming. I continue to work on my skills, knowledge, and mindset and I continue to promote my abilities and products to help others.

Explode Your Online Traffic

Your online traffic can explode or destroy your internet business. Your online internet business needs traffic "customers" visiting it on a regular basis. You could have the best invention since sliced bread, but if no one knows about it then who cares? It really would be no different then opening a cold apparel business in the polar ice caps. Yes, the product is needed there but if no one is around to purchase the apparel you can't expect to stay in business long. Customers or future clients have got to get to your website before they can even begin to see your offer, and from there you can build on it. Most of the time that we have an internet business there are others similar to it online. People do need a want for what you have to offer. If these customers are not coming to your website, be rest assured they are going to your competitors. Promote your website and watch your sales skyrocket from there. There are also free and low cost advertising options I cover on my blog.

What Are You Providing?

What product and/or service are you offering? Are the products and/or services provided at a fair price? Sometimes you have to give away a sample. I do it time and time again. For example, I spent six weeks building a dominant eBook on banner advertising. I now give this eBook away for free on my website. This provides a great experience for people and it gets my name out on the internet which promotes word of mouth advertising. If a customer or client is treated fairly by a service you provide or found your product useful, they will tell other people. On the other hand, if you don't provide good content or a less than desirable service, they also tell their friends. So whatever you do, provide a great experience and do what you say you are going to do. If you have a website and are promoting instant access to a how to video on blog building, then you better make it instant; don't email it to them, that is not considered instant. A good rule of thumb is put yourself in the customer's shoes and also have another person look at your site for thoughts. A happy customer or client can be your best marketing you will ever find.

Brand Yourself as a Leader

You may have heard of "branding" or may not have, but it is very important in any line of business you are in. It is also very crucial to your internet business because people are not really able to interact with you. You want to make sure that your website is very easy to navigate and that your message is crystal clear. In life you only get one chance to make a first impression, so make it a positive and memorable one.

No Wooden Nickels

There are many ways to accept different forms of payment, although I would not recommend accepting wooden nickels. Many business owners overlook this small but important detail. They offer a product or service but only offer one payment method. You want the customers that want to give you money, to have an easy time doing it. If you look around at other successful internet business owners you will see that they accept cash, eCheck, credit cards, and other methods like PayPal.

If you have become frustrated with not generating enough income from your internet business, try my 5 easy ways to increase revenue.

If you are struggling with promoting your website or obtaining customers or clients, check out my other articles I have provided.


Share/Bookmark

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 

Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Online Marketing Tips - Tips To Learn More About Online Marketing - Powered by Blogger